Punjab State Commission For Protection Of Child Rights (PSCPCR)
The Punjab State Commission for Protection of Child Rights (PSCPCR) was constituted u/s 17 of the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights Act, 2005-A Govt. of India Act by the Govt. of Punjab vide its Notification No.5/1/2006-1SS/916 Dated 15-04-2011. The Act empowers the Commission to exercise powers of a Civil Court to undertake suo-moto inquiry and also look into complaints relating to deprivation and violation of child rights, non-implementation of laws providing for protection and development of children, non-compliance of policy, guidelines. The Commission monitors rescue & rehabilitation of child labour, cases falling under the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009 and the Protection of Children From Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, 2012.
Functions and Powers of the Commission
Section 13(1) of the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights Act, 2005 lays down the functions of the Commissions as follows:-
- Examine and review the safeguards provided by or under any law for the time being in force for the protection of child rights and recommend measures for their effective implementation.
- Present to the Central Government, annually and at such other intervals, as the Commission may deem fit, Reports upon the working of those safeguard.
- Inquire into violation of child rights and recommend initiation of proceedings in such cases.
- Examine all factors that inhibit the enjoyment of rights of children affected by terrorism, communal violence, riots, natural disasters, domestic violence, HIV/ AIDS, trafficking, maltreatment, torture and exploitation, pornography, and prostitution and recommend appropriate remedial measures.
- Look into matters relating to children in need of special care and protection, including children in distress, marginalized and disadvantaged children, children in conflict with law, juveniles, children without family and children of prisoners and recommend appropriate remedial measures.
- Study treaties and other international instruments and undertake periodic review of existing policies, programmes, and other activities on child rights and make recommendations for their effective implementation in the best interest of children.
- Undertake and promote research in the field of child rights.
- Spread child rights literacy among various sections of society and promote awareness of the safeguards available for protection of these rights through publications, media, seminars and other available means.
- Inspect or cause to be inspected any juvenile custodial home or any other place of residence or institution meant for children, under the control of the Central Government or any State Government or any other authority including any institution run by a social organization, where children are detained or lodged for the purpose of treatment, reformation or protection and take up with these authorities for remedial action, if found necessary.
- Inquire into complaints and take Suo-Motu notice of matters relating to,-
- Deprivation and violation of child rights;
- Non-implementation of laws providing for protection and development of children;
- Non-compliance of policy decisions, guidelines or instructions aimed at mitigating hardships to and ensuring welfare of the children or to provide relief to such children or take up the issues arising out of such matters with appropriate authorities and;
- Such other functions as it may consider necessary for the promotion of child rights and any other matter incidental to the above function.
Composition of Members
|Incumbent||Name||Contact No.||Email Id|
|Chairman||Sh. Sukesh Kalia||97805-11111||sukeshkalia[at]yahoo[dot]com|
|Secretary||Sh. Sumer Singh Gurjar, IAS||94659-02258||scpcrpunjab[at]gmail[dot]com|
|Deputy Director||Sh. Rajwinder Singh Gill||94176-00084||deputydirectorgill[at]gmail[dot]com|
|Member||Dr. Jasvinder Singh||82840-99999||Jasvinder9[at]gmail[dot]com|
|Member||S. Jagmohan Singh||98724-65799||Jagmohansingh[dot]asr[at]gmail[dot]com|
|Member||Smt. Kuldeep Kaur Kang||94637-02199||kuldeepkaurkang[at]yahoo[dot]com|
|Member||Smt. Satinder Kaur Bisla||98155-80190||sweetbisla[dot]sb[at]gmail[dot]com|
|Member||Smt. Yash Pal Khanna||98143-49840||pal[dot]yashkhanna840[at]gmail[dot]com|
|Member||Smt. Veerpal Kaur Tharaj||85669-53622||tharaj99[at]gmail[dot]com|
Last Updated: 08 June 2018, 4:55 am